This post contains affiliate links, meaning I receiving a small commission if you make a purchase using this link.
Begin Wildcrafting with Confidence!
In spring, as days get longer and longer and the temperatures rise, the sleepy heads of new plant life begin to emerge and we experience the green world’s revival. There is no better time to get into the woods and poke around for the many wild edibles and herbs flourishing in your area.
While foraging and wildcrafting are certainly hot topics nowadays, the idea of trekking into the woods to forage for your own food and herbs may have you feeling intimidated. Or you may even be a little scared, which is to be expected if you don’t know what you are doing, especially when trying your hand at it for the first time.
If you fall into this category, I have some exciting news to share with you!
The Herbal Academy has released their Botany & Wildcrafting Course, a fascinating voyage that will guide you through the art of wildcrafting, teach you the science of plant identification, and answer your many getting-started questions, all while building your confidence along the way! Curated by an expert team of herbalists and botanists, this program explores plants as living beings, their fascinating ecological relationships, and the ways that our own ecosystem can shape your relationship with plants.
By the end of this class, you will have the information to safely wild harvest and use at least 25 common wild plants, and have the tools and know-how to independently wildcraft the plants in your region!
That’s not all!
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Name all the parts of a plant, including the parts that makeup flowers, leaves, fruits, and stems.
- Identify new plants anywhere in the world using a dichotomous key.
- Understand how to decipher plant part differences such as leaves, flowers, and fruits of separate plant species.
- Decode patterns in nature and gain insight into plant relationships and herbal and edible use by understanding these patterns.
- Sense of the vast number of relationships that exist between plants and other organisms that are required for pollination, seed dispersal, and survival.
- Understand how and when to use a plant’s binomial name and discover why a plant might have more than one name.
- Dry plants in a way that maintains their vitality, aroma, color, and flavor.
- Create your very own herbarium of pressed plant specimens.
- Get to know plants on a deeper level through keying, drawing, coloring, and organoleptic identification.
One thing is for sure, you can expect to look nature through an entirely new lens as you journey through the Botany & Wildcrafting Course!
Like most Herbal Academy courses, you will also have the option to upgrade with a gorgeous Botanical Illustrations Workbook, including 25 botanically accurate illustrations from the class ready for your coloring skills, summary monographs from class to complete your learning experience, and blank pages for additional sketches and note-taking!
If wildcrafting piques your interest, but foraging for you own wild edibles and herbs has you feeling nervous, this course is the perfect opportunity for you to gain the confidence and tools you need to get started! Even intermediate level foragers will benefit from this expertly crafted course!
So what are you waiting for? Check out the Botany & Wildcrafting Course right here.